carte de situation

Érica GAUGÉ

700 YEARS OF HISTORY (11th TO 18th CENTURY) ON THE HEIGHTS OF MEULAN (YVELINES)

 

Abstract

Preventive excavation in 2013 concords with the conclusions of Pierre-Jean Trombetta’s previous research. The sector is occupied from the medieval period, initially by the fortification of the earl’s castle and later by buildings associated with stone-quarrying. A new fortification is built in the 16th century and later moved by the nuns of the Annunciad order who begin building their convent in 1642. Work, including the building of a new church in 1682, continues until the 1690’s. Excavation has revealed a large number of the convent buildings and, combined with archival research, has enabled reconstitution of the monastic estate. The latter was abandoned at the French revolution and largely destroyed in the years following.

Keywords

FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTORS

Logo ministère de la Culture et de la Communication    Inrap    Conseil général du Val-de-Marne    Logo des Hauts-de-Seine    Logo de la Seine-Saint-Denis

ISSN: 2101 - 3608    Ξ   Update: 10th june 2019   Ξ   Legal notice